BACHELOR OF SCIENCE
All bachelor programs are designed and allowed to be completed in a minimum time of nine months up to two years.
Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems
You can merge your technical interests and your desire to be a decision-maker with a Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems (MIS).
Technology now impacts every aspect of business, from human resources to accounting. Managing technology for competitive advantage and efficiency requires sound technical skills and broad-based business knowledge. The Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems is a business degree designed for the student interested in the use of technology to meet the strategic needs of management.
The Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems is designed for students seeking to acquire a high level ok knowledge of business concepts and information systems applications to create solutions for contemporary business problems. The student will acquire the skills needed to integrate hardware, software, and management capacities to solve problems in specific functional areas of business. The objectives of the program are to:
- Provide the student with a well-rounded education through the study of mathematics, natural sciences, social science, humanities, and oral and written communication.
- Enable students to develop analytical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills applicable to real-world problems.
- Develop the skills needed to analyze and solve complex business problems using the tools of information technology.
- Facilitate short, medium, and long-term business goal attainment through the integration of planning and information technology functions.
- Develop technology-oriented managers with the knowledge and the ability to align information systems requirements with the long-term business objectives of the firm.
- Prepare students for a career in the information systems segments of business, industry, education and government.
The following courses are recommended for Management Information Systems majors with no transfer or life/work experience credit.
ETU will develop a personalized schedule for you that place you at the most advanced point in the curriculum based on number of credits transferred from prior college study, specific professional certifications, and/or awarded for your life and work experience.