BACHELOR OF SCIENCE
All bachelor programs are designed and allowed to be completed in a minimum time of nine months up to two years.
Bachelor of Science in Information Systems
The Bachelor of Science in Information Systems is designed for students interested in acquiring a broad base of knowledge of computer information systems as they are used in modern organizational settings.
This program is indented for the student who has graduated high school, is experienced and comfortable with computers as a user, desires to learn computer science in a rigorous way and is self-motivated and capable of working with less direct supervision. The objectives of the program are to:
- Provide the student with a well-rounded education through the study of mathematics, natural sciences, social science, humanities, and written and oral communication.
- Enable students to develop practical critical thinking and interpersonal skills applicable to real-world problems.
- Develop the skills needed to apply fundamental systems analysis and design concepts and methods.
- Prepare students for a career in the Information Systems segments of business, industry, government and education.
- Focus on the application of information systems concepts to the collection of information for management planning and decision-making.
The following courses are recommended for Computer Science majors with no transfer or life/work experience credit.
ETU will develop a personalized schedule for you that places you at the most advanced point in the curriculum based on the number of credits transferred from prior college study, specific professional certifications, and/or awarded for your life and work experience.